On Saturday, while Mr. and Mrs. H. E. Milliken and daughter, Sylvia, of Bristoria, were visiting Mrs. Milliken's parents, Mr. and Mrs. M. L. Pethtel, of Rogersville, and attending the grange fair, the child found a piece of bread on which was a quantity of strychnine for poisoning rats. When discovered the child had the bread in her mouth and in a short time she became very sick. Dr. B. L. Cowen, of Waynesburg, who was attending the fair was hastily summoned and administered an antidote. On Sunday the child was reported out of danger.
Waynesburg Republican, October 3, 1912
This site hosted by
This page created and maintained by Jim Fordyce (email@example.com).
© 2000, Jim Fordyce