OLIVER C. ZEDEKER owner of the well known Locust Side Farm, a valuable property containing
102 acres, which is situated in Salem township, is one of the representative men of this
section. He was born July 6, 1862, in Montgomery county, 0., a son of John W. and Mary
(Brandenburg) Zedeker who now live retired in Franklin township. Their family consisted
of but two sons, Oliver C. and George W., the latter of whom is a farmer also in Salem
Oliver C. Zedeker had common school advantages and afterward assisted his father on the home farm until he was twenty-two years old. For the next three years he rented land and then, in partnership with his father, bought his present farm from Nathan Stout, subsequently purchasing his father's share and is now sole owner. In general farming has been his main business although he also raises some excellent stock, this being principally for his own use on the farm. His land is beautifully situated and under his methods of advanced farming is very productive.
Mr. Zedeker was married April 2, 1884 to Miss Maggie E. Lawhead, who was born in Shelby county, a daughter of Philip and Mary (Fordyce) Lawhead, both now deceased. To Mr. and Mrs. Zedeker two children have been born Ella E., who married O. A. Baker, and they have one son, Ralph Emerson; and Clyde B. Mr. Zedeker and family attend the Methodist Episcopal church at Port Jefferson. In politics he is a democrat and at times has been elected to local offices, serving very acceptably for two terms as township trustee and at present is a member of the school board. He is identified with the Odd Fellows, attending the lodge at Port Jefferson
This site hosted by
This page created and maintained by Jim Fordyce (email@example.com).
© 1999, Jim Fordyce